- Friday | November 1, 2019 to Saturday | November 2, 2019
- 7:30 am
- 887 Jumonville Road, Hopwood, PA 15445
- (724) 439-4912
2019 BASIC SCHEDULE FOR BUS TOUR AND SEMINAR
Friday, November 1st will feature another optional bus tour of Forbes Road.The 2019 BRPA Bus Tour will start at Jumonville and will go from Fort Ligonier to Fort Duquesne.
1758 FORBES CAMPAIGN – 57 MILES IN 11 DAYS WHILE BUILDING THE ROAD
2019 BRPA CAMPAIGN – 60.6 MILES IN 2 HOURS 23 MINUTES WHILE NAVIGATING SEMI-PASSABLE ROADS]
Our itinerary for Friday’s bus tour will be as follows:
- Jumonville to Fort Ligonier.
- FIRST STOP – Fort Ligonier
- Fort Ligonier to Chestnut Ridge Camp in Latrobe.
- Chestnut Ridge Camp to Camp near Brush Run.
- Camp Near Brush Run to Bullock Camp
- Bullock Camp to 3 Redoubts (Washington’s New Camp)
- SECOND STOP – Historic Hanna’s Town
- 3 Redoubts to Washington’s Camp
- Washington’s Camp to Camp Cross Turtle Creek in Export.
- Camp Cross Turtle Creek to Bouquet’s Camp in Plum
- Bouquet’s Camp to Fort Duquesne
- THIRD STOP – Fort Duquesne
- FOURTH STOP – Jumonville Christian Camp and Retreat Center
Friday Dinner will also be available at Jumonville (as an option) and there will be the normal Friday night reception and remarks on the Forbes Road by Phil Light and other members of the BRPA.
Saturday’s seminar will include the following:
1. Dr. Matthew Dziennik, Visiting Instructor, U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis: “The Fatal Land: War, Empire, and the Highland Soldier in British America”
2. Dr. Patrick Spero, Executive Director, The American Philosophical Society: “Frontier Rebels: The Fight for Independence in the American West, 1765-1776”
3. David and Ginger Hildebrand, The Colonial Music Institute: Performance of “Music of the Whiskey Rebellion”
4. Jason A. Cherry, Independent Historian and Author: “Pittsburgh’s Lost Outpost: Captain Trent’s Fort.”
Cost for the Saturday seminar is $100.
Download a brochure / Register Online
Online registration will no longer be offered after Wednesday, October 30th at noon. Contact the Jumonville office by phone at 724-439-4912 to check on available space for the bus tour. For the Friday night and Saturday seminar you can register at the door on Saturday morning.
Make an additional payment by credit card
SEMINAR AND BUS TOUR COSTS
As always, book and artists will be attending with one-of-a-kind items for sale. Participants for the bus tour must pre-register and space is limited to the first 56 participants.
|Friday bus tour & Saturday seminar||$200 / person|
|Friday bus tour only||$125 / person|
|Friday dinner at Jumonville||$20 / person|
|History seminar only||$100 / person
($25 / student)
|Saturday lunch||$10.00 / person|
REFUND POLICY: There will be no refunds granted within two weeks of the start of the event.
Optional lodging arrangements at Jumonville are available in the Washington Lodge.
You will have the option of lodging for Thursday night, Friday Night, and/or Saturday night.