What is the Braddock Road Seminar?
The Braddock Road Preservation Association was formed in 1989 as the Jumonville Preservation Association. Its first meeting was attended by a few interested history buffs, and has grown in size every year since then. The annual French and Indian War seminar at Jumonville, held the first Friday and Saturday of November, is now the largest such annual gathering in Pennsylvania and one of the largest in the country. It features:
- Guest speakers, including some of the top historians and museum directors in the field.
- Slide shows, music presentations, and in 2000, the premiere of a major documentary film.
- Exhibits of period artifacts.
- Displays by antiquarian book and rare print dealers.
- Participation by the National Park Service.
Check out this year’s seminar information